To access the service simply call or text:
07561 890 100
What help is available?
- Transport to appointments at the hospitals in Loughborough or Leicester, doctors, opticians, hairdressers or dentists.
- Household tasks such as changing light bulbs, replacing batteries or moving small items of furniture.
- Companionship for people who would like a cup of tea and a chat or maybe a game of Scrabble or cards either for regular visits or one-off occasions.
- Support while recuperating from illness, with things like gardening, caring for pets, collecting prescriptions or helping with shopping.
- Help with writing letters or filling in non-legal forms, reading to people with visual impairment or support using email and the Internet.
Who can use the scheme?
Help is available to all residents of Woodhouse and Woodhouse Eaves in Leicestershire who need it, the only qualification is that you must be over 18 years of age.
Also due to insurance restrictions we’re unfortunately unable to help with anything related to childcare.
Is there a charge?
The service is free to use apart from some charges for lifts and parking expenses.
Lifts within the villages of Woodhouse and Woodhouse Eaves are free.
For lifts to other locations we charge 50p per mile, payable to the driver on arrival.
Will I be safe?
The scheme is fully insured and all of our volunteers have a DBS check at the enhanced level and will be wearing an ID badge giving you peace of mind that you are always receiving the best service.
Abuse of any kind has no place in the Good Neighbour Scheme and we reserve the right to withdraw help from anyone displaying abusive behaviour.
We urge users of the Good Neighbour Scheme to remember that volunteers are giving up their own free time. Please be kind, we are doing our best to help.
How do I volunteer?
We are always looking for more volunteers, and would love to discuss with you how you could get involved. Simply call us on the number above, or email [email protected]